The Icing on the Icing

If it's the icing on the cake that really makes it special, what do you call the thing that makes the icing special?  I'm not sure, but I'm sure it's really cute! 

The other day, I decided to make some cupcake toppers, just because I thought that a cupcake couldn't get any cuter, until I learned about these!  All you need is some scissors, double sided tape, and long toothpicks.  It turns out that the Internet is filled with adorable templates for cupcake toppers that are freely available for printing.  You might try here, for example.  Or maybe here.  There are so many possibilities- I just couldn't help but make a whole bunch!!

Some yummy, sparkly ones...

 

Some pic-nic ones...
 
 

I cut 'em out, taped 'em together, and voila!  They're cute now, but just wait until they're decorating a cupcake!  I need to get baking! (Pictures to follow- I promise!)

Comments