A Summer Scarf

When I lived in Paris, it seemed like no woman ever stepped outside without a scarf, and I seem to have picked up on that habbit.  Here in the Midwest, however, summer is not conducive to scarf wearing.  In fact, the past three months have been so hot and humid (100+ several days each week, and the cooler days have registered in the 90s), that I have wished that I could somehow jump out of my skin and just walk around as a skeleton!  That would probably be a painful process, but at least I wouldn't sweat! 

I would love to wear summer scarves, but it's really not an option in this climate!
And then, I saw the prettiest picture:

And I thought, "Ah hah!  There's a summer scarf that wouldn't kill me!"  So of course, I just had to make my own.  Since the original comes from a Japanese book (and I'm sorry that I have not yet located the original source to give credit too), I decided to use a flower pattern that I found in Cute and Easy Crochet.  It's a simple flower, and when made with a F hook, it looks like this:


Any flower pattern, though, would do.  The next step was to make a whole bunch of them (45, to be exact).  Here are just a few:


And finally, attach them all together, joining just single petals.


Here is the final tah-dah!
 




Comments