In Bloom


Have you ever found a pattern that you just can't make enough of?  Because it's so adorable and enjoyable to make?  And it goes with everything?  And everyone seems to like it when you give them one?  This is one of those patterns for me- the beautiful frothy flower pattern found on the Very Berry Handmade blog. 

The ones pictured here are made out of 100% cotton (my very favorite fiber to crochet with!).  I've made a few changes to the pattern and a few additions.  For instance, I only followed the first two rounds of petals so as to keep my flower small, but I imagine that a great big flower would be awesome too!  Also, instead of adding a button in the center, I switched to white cotton and repeated just the magic cirle and round one.  It will look something like this:


Then, I fastened off, and used the two loose ends to attach the white center to the two layers of petals, and finally chose some beads to sew in the center.  For each flower, I chose two different colors of beads to add some variety and contrast.  Here's the finished product:


Some pretty petals, don't 'ya think?!  Either a large safety pin or a brooch backing sewn onto the flower works great, and they make neat little gifts.  One of those things that everyone thinks is pretty, but would never make/purchase for themself.  So make one of these today for someone special you want to give a little spot of brightness to!

Comments