Meet Penny



Hello!  It's nice to meet you!  Since I will be a frequent visitor/contributor to this blog, I thought I should introduce myself and tell you a little bit about who I am and how I spend my days.
My name if Penny, but I have many aliases.  You might also know me as:
  • Pokey
  • Poke-Bear
  • Penny-Padoo
  • Poochy
  • Smoochy-Poochy
  • Hoochy-Coochy-Smoochy-Poochy
  • Smooch
  • Pup
  • Pupkin
  • Pupsqueek
  • Pup-a-Roo
  • Weeny-Boo
  • Ity-Bit
  • Boo-Bear
I live with my Mama and my Papa, and I do many important puppy things throughout the day.  Each morning, I start my day off with a good chew.
Sometimes, I chew on big bones...

Sometimes, I chew on little bones...


And sometimes  I chew on things that aren't bones at all, and then Mama yells very loud!

In the afternoon I keep watch over the patio.  This is my most important duty.   I must sound the alert if the squirrel dares to come near the door.  But sometimes the sun on my tummy is too much to resist!

But if I get a bit tired I can always take a break for a cat nap (hee hee!).  The chair is very comfy.


The couch is quite comfy too.



But comfiest of all is the bed.  I'm not really allowed here, so I do my best to hide.  I don't know how Mama and Papa always seem to spot me right away!


Then in the late afternoon I wake up and do my streeeeetches.


We go outside for a walk and I'm free!!!!!  I run like a cheetah and leap like a gazelle.


And by the time we come back I've worked up a big apetite.  Mama is a great cook, and the quality of her kibble is very consistent.  I know that it's good for me because there's a picture of a fireman and a dalmation on the bag! 





Then I watch the door, waiting to hear Papa come home.  Joy!  Happiness! My little family is complete




And finally it's off to bed.  Sometimes I wait to drink my whole bowl of water until bedtime, so that Mama and Papa have to wake up very early to take me out.  I'm a great alarm clock!  Sweet dreams!  I'll be ready for that squirrel tomorrow!

Comments