Inspiration from the Attic

The reason I first considered blogging was because of the beautiful and mindful Attic 24 blog.  I've enjoyed how Lucy goes through daily life finding magic moments and brightness, how she counts her blessings, and how she is creating a precious memoir for her children to cherish.  I've also really enjoyed the many tutorials that she has provided- thank you so much!  Merci mille fois!
Here are some things that I have created, based on the Attic 24 tutorials.  I have enjoyed each project so much!  Someday soon, I really hope to be creating my own patterns and tutorials.
Here are little birds that were sent out to a dear friend who just moved to Nevada and needed some extra color around the house:


The only change I made here was to work the last two rounds of the body circle in the back loops only, so as to create a little raised ridge- I really like the look of that texture!

I also sent her some of these cute star baubles:



Here is a bit of crochet trim around one of my favorite mason jars. I love mason jars! They are so versatile! The original pattern was lovely and colorful, but mine is adapted to my own color palette.




And here is the beautiful crocheted bag!  Again, I adapted the colors to be just variations on one tone, and I also used the back loop only technique each time I changed color, so as to add a bit of raised texture.  The only other little change I made was to sew the handles to the inside of the bag.  Soon, I'll be lining it with a nice fabric and ribbon around the top edge.




All in all, I have enjoyed these tutorials sooo much!  They have inspired my crocheting and brought me to blogging.  Yippee!

Comments