Mersydotes Book Club

It appears as though there is an overarching theme to my reading this season- I guess I like to read books about plants and gardens and gardeners!  And recently, I finished one that I would like to recommend to my lovely friends.  It's called A Morbid Taste for Bones, and although the title sounds awful, it is a really nice, gentle mystery about Brother Cadfael in the 12th century.  He's the gardener for an English monastery, and keeps an amazing herb garden when he's not solving mysteries.  Although the book at first seems as if it will be quite slow, I have to say that I couldn't put it down!  I'm very excited to read the next one in the series, and if you're looking for lovely summer reading with a touch of horticulture, I highly recommend it!



(Picture from amazon.com)

Happy reading!
~Mersydotes

Comments