Adventures in Chi-Town

Mr. Mersydotes and I just returned from a wonderful vacation to the windy city, and I'd love to share some pictures with you.  Would you like to come along for a visit?

It was such a nice, warm weekend, although a bit hazy.  Our first stop was Millennium Park.  Flocks of little children were celebrating the beginning of summer in the big fountains.  It was so fun to watch.  We joined in too, but since Mr. Mersydotes and I wish to remain anonymous, I'll just post pictures of scenery! :)

As always, the Bean was a lot of fun.  How can't you love that awesome reflected view?

The greenery and flowers of Millennium Park made a great contrast to the severe steel and glass of the city.  I felt like I could breath there in the open by the lake.

Speaking of Lake Michigan, we went on an expedition along the river and out into the harbor.  Our little boat was filled with other tourists, but we got to sit on the top under the sun, so we felt nice and free!  As we floated along the river and under the metal bridges and into the canyons of steel and glass, I started to feel overwhelmed by the sheer massiveness of the city.

But once we escaped to the Lake, the city was suddenly tiny, as if its skyline could fit into the palm of my hand.  The cry of the gulls and the sound of the waves made me feel as if I was a thousand miles away from the rumble and the grime.

That evening, we went up 96 floors to the Signature Room at the John Hancock building where we enjoyed our drinks while gazing down at the amazing light show that is the metropolis at night.

(The poor little cherry was blind for a few seconds after that picture!  Sorry 'bout the flash little cherry!)


Here's what happens when you don't hold perfectly still while taking a nighttime picture!  Ooops!

Our adventures continued a second day with a jaunt out to the museum campus to visit the aquarium. 

At the aquarium, we met an Australian lungfish that has lived there since 1933- wow!  I'd love to be able to chat with him about the changes in fashion he's seen as he's watched the visitors over the decades!

We had a lovely trip, and Mr. Mersydotes is the most wonderful travel companion! 

However, we also noticed some problems in the big city, and I'd just like close this post by saying, "It's cool to be kind, everyone!"  If we would all just choose civility, the world would be so much more beautiful!

Thanks for coming along on our vacation!  I hope you've had a nice trip!
~Mersydotes

Comments