A Grand Day Out

(This is a guest post by Penny!)

Hello everyone!  Today I went hiking with Mama and Papa and their colleagues.  Would you like to follow me along the trail and see where we went?  Be careful!  It's a little bit slippery- I fell into the mud a lot, but that's ok- I'm prettiest when I'm muddy! 


 
Tie on your bandanna, and here we go!!
 


Follow me through the dappled sunshine...


Along the creek bed...


And around the bend...




The rocks were so big!  I had to scramble over them and jump over the fallen logs!



With the colder weather, the shelf fungus was thriving:



Towards the end of our trail, we crossed a picturesque covered bridge stretched across the river.  It was scary looking down at the water through the wooden slats, but I was brave! 





It was a marvelous and glorious day out!  But there was a tragic ending- Mama gave me a bath when we came home!  Can you believe it!

Comments