Yarnscapade #3: Brooklyn General Store

Ah, Brooklyn!  So small and quiet- I almost forget that I'm in the middle of a monster city!  It's the perfect neighborhood for the homey-yet-chic Brooklyn General Store yarn shop.  You almost walk right past the unassuming exterior, but once inside, you're a thousand miles away from the city.

I loved the wonderfully old-fashioned wooden floors and shelves with ladders.  It reminded me of being a little kid in Midwest general stores looking at rock candy!

But this time, the colorful sweets were luxurious balls of yarn.  I was torn between Pima cotton and merino/bamboo.  The merino/bamboo won because it was on sale!  ;- )

On such a rainy day as this, it was a bit of color therapy to browse among the haberdashery and notions.





I thought this portrait on the wall was especially sweet.  Paying homage to the source of all yummy yarn!

On my way back to the metro, I passed this mantra painted onto the wall- gave the neighborhood a nice and funky vibe!

Create on, friends!
~Mersydotes  

Comments