Crochet Bow Ring Pattern


Hi folks!  I have a new favorite blog- such a bright, gentle, optimistic little world!  It's called One Sheepish Girl, and I've really been enjoying reading through all the old posts- so great to find another blogger who enjoys combining stitching and cooking and reading!!!!

One of her many adorable creations was a teal knitted bow ring:

                                

I loved the look of it, but since I prefer to crochet, I decided to come up with a little pattern of my own. 

Here's what I tried out:  First, it was too big...Then, it was too small!

...Finally, I got it just right!

Here's what I did: With an f-hook chain 3.  Single crochet in the second chain from the hook and continue across (2 stitches).  Chain 1 and turn.  2 single crochet in the back loops only.  Continue to make rows of single crochet in the back loops only until you have achieved the appropriate size.  Mine measured 10 rows total.  Bind off.  Then, weave in the beginning end and use the loose, long end to sew the little strip in half.  The right sides should be facing while you join the two ends.  Leave  the long yarn tail free after you finish sewing the ends together and then flip the piece inside out so that the right sides are visible.  Use the long yarn end to cinch the strip in the middle to make a bow.  Use a hot glue gun to attach it to a ring base.

Tah-dah!

Thanks to One Sheepish Girl for the lovely idea!  I think I've been inspired by her posts to start exploring the world of knitting!  I'm also going to try making another little teal ring.  I'll let you know how it turns out!
~Mersydotes

Comments