Gorgeous Granola

Would you like to know a secret that I have learned?  The simpler the food, the tastier it is!  And here is a perfect example: homemade granola.

The first time I ever ate homemade granola was years ago at my fabulous auntie's house. (I have many fabulous aunties, by the way!)  Hers had oats and pecans and a little bit of sweetness from honey, and it was absolutely delicious!  I've been making my own now for many years, and I think I've found the perfect granola base recipe from the beautiful food blog My New Roots.

The ingredients are simple- oats, coconut, and nuts (I used walnuts because they are Mr. Mersydotes's favorite!)  A little oil and honey help it all blend together.

Pop it into the oven, and enjoy the aroma of the oats and honey- it smells like there's a cobbler in the oven!

And now there's a gorgeous jar of gorgeous granola on the counter top, ready to brighten up our breakfasts all week!

~Mersydotes


Comments