Yarnscapade #2: Purl Soho

The yarn pilgrimages continue here in NYC, and yesterday I went on my second yarnscapade to the rather fabulous Purl Soho.  A little shop with a very big influence in the fiber world!

It was a rainy, gray day in Soho, but their shop window was all dressed up for the holidays.  


I've noticed a very cool feeling of community in these NYC yarn shops- everyone chatting about their projects and the staff taking time to give advice and help with individual project questions.  It's a nice sense of connection in such a big and anonymous place.  Thank goodness for yarn!

In the entrance way, there was a great display of ombre fabric hoops.  I must admit to being a wee bit obsessed with ombre as of late.




Ombre dipped candles and felt birds adorned the register area:

I succeeded in spending all our money on fabric and felt and hoops and books, but not on yarn, oddly enough.  There was just too much to look at!  I'll save choosing a special yarn from Purl for a very special project!

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!
~Mersydotes

Comments