Welcome back to Mersydotes! And happy Spring!

Hello all!

Mersydotes is back in bloggy land, and it feels so great!  After a much-needed break (oh those "creaky bones"!), spring has sprung and with the good weather it's time to come back!

Now that the temperatures have been hitting the 70s during the afternoons, I decided to go ahead and plant the patio pots.  How exciting!  I love growing things!  

 My wonderful neighbor and I went to the local garden nursery together the other day, and it was alive with colorful blooms!  She took some wonderful pictures that I would like to share with you to brighten your day!





Would you like to see what's on the patio?  There is a beautiful new hibiscus tree.  It is thriving in the balmy, windy weather and the blossoms are so bright!  I can't wait to make hibiscus tea from the flowers!


Also, there is a new little curry plant.  It's so neat!  And the smell is amazing- just like curry, but very gentle.  Supposedly I can cook with it fresh as long as I remove the leaves before serving.  Can't wait to cook up some curried eggs this weekend!

Would you like to meet the new mint plant?  It's not just ordinary mint, either- it's chocolate mint!  The aroma is incredible, and I think that it will be fabulous in teas either as fresh or dried leaves.  To me, mint seems like a rather sneaky little plant.  It's always looking for a way to stretch into other pots, and it's nearly impossible to keep out of the garden, no matter how much I weed!

And for a touch of nostalgia, I have also planted a little pot of dusty millers and alyssum.  To me, dusty millers are one of the fondest memories I have of growing up.  We used to live in a very old house that was surrounded by wonderful plants, and I always thought that dusty millers were the gentlest and most special of plants because of how fuzzy and soft they were!  I remember many childhood days playing outside watching rolly-polly bugs and exploring the lilacs, violets, dusty millers, lilies, and ferns that surrounded the house.

There are even two beautiful little basil plants that are waiting for less windy weather before they go into a big patio pot.  They smell so good, and I can already taste the pesto!



Thanks for visiting the patio with me!  Have a lovely day!
~Mersydotes

Comments