A Trend

Recently, my in-laws gave me a lovely gift certificate which I put to good use for some luxurious wool-blend yarn in yummy pastel colors.  These colors just screamed spring cheer, and I've been having a blast with them!  (As it's been quite stormy recently, the light has been low, so these photos appear a bit washed-out.)

My latest crochet trend has been pillow covers.  I'd never before made a pillow cover in my whole life, but now I'm obsessed!  At first, I was a little hesitant to mix together so many different colors, as I am normally a single color many tones kind of a crocheter.  But, as an old college art teacher once said, I let all the worry and fears about the project seep in, and then jumped right in!  It turned out great!

The first one I made was a variation on a traditional granny square:

The second was the most daring, as I used yellow yarn for the very first time:

I think it looks like a very jolly Easter egg!

The third and final one gave me an opportunity to learn a new technique- how to ripple stitch.  It was so easy and so much fun!  I also tried to use cool, calming colors reminiscent of sea breezes.

Even though they are quite different in design and color combo, it seems like they go together perfectly.  The next step is to pick out some fabric  for the pillow backs and then to stuff them.  I'll let you know how it goes.

I've even been thinking of making a zinnia pillow cover from the pattern found here.  So far, I've used the same yarn to make three squares, and it's awesome!  So much fun!


Lots of love,
~Mersydotes

Comments