Cherry Blossoms


Today during lunch I took a wee bit of a bike ride, as the weather was sunny and warm, and tomorrow it's supposed to thunder storm all day.  So, I seized the moment and peddled of to the par because I had heard that the Japanese cherry trees were in bloom.  And they were!

There is a path completely surrounded and covered by the cherry trees, and the blossoms created a beautiful canopy.

Every once in a while, a breeze would waft by the delicate sent of the flowers- so delicate and enchanting that you only notice it as it floats away.

This might be the only afternoon to enjoy the cherry blossoms, since the rain could wash them away tomorrow.

To think that something so beautiful is also so transient...


So I sat on the bank of the pond and stretched out to eat my apple.


Lovely afternoon!

~Mersydotes

Comments