Bears! Oh my!

During my little hiatus from blogging, I've been working on a whole bunch of crochet projects. 


There is something so relaxing and mindful about crocheting.  Something that allows you to slowly relax all the tension in your body as you methodically count stitches and form something beautiful out of an endless, shapeless string.  If you think about it, crochet is a great example of "inter-being".  The finished project that looks so orderly and complicated is really just one long, simple fiber, and the brand new ball of yarn has the potential to be just about anything! 

























And recently, my yarn has decided to turn itself into little bears! Here is the first one- his name is Arnold.

Before I stitched on his eyes and nose, Mr. Mersydotes thought he was a donkey, but I think he definitely looks like a bear now!
 

And here are Perceval and Clover- brother and sister bear with adorable little bronze-colored eyes.  The crochet pattern suggested that I use "safety eyes" which I had never see before, but which are an amazing invention.  These eyes have a totally un-detachable backings which make them very sturdy, but do be careful- you have to be certain about their placement before attaching.  There's no undoing them!


Little Perceval and Clover will soon have their arms and legs attached- it's one of my many works in progress!


See you soon!
~Mersydotes

Comments