All Things Bright & Beautiful

Happy belated Easter everyone!  We've been in-communicado here in Mersydotes land because of a huge fire on our block which, besides massive property damage, wiped out Internet service for quite a while.  Don't worry- there were no injuries.

So let me catch you up on some of the lovely and colorful happenings in our neck of the woods.  We've had pretty good weather in general with tons of sunshine.  It's funny how my attitude toward NYC changes with the weather.  On these bright days, it suddenly doesn't seem so bad.  But when the sky clouds over, and there just gray, diffuse light, I really can't stand it.  

For Easter, I wanted to make some eggs for the apartment, but we didn't fancy living off of hard boiled or scrambled eggs for a week, so I decorated some papier-mache ones instead.  

Since I'm a bit obsessed with all looks ombre at the moment, I picked out five different ombre progressions of embroidery thread.  Don't you want to shrink down to the size of a ladybug and wander around in these colors?!






And then, I wrapped the eggs with the thread, starting with the lightest on top, and ending with the darkest at the bottom.  And then I had one extra egg, so I made a rainbow egg just for kicks!  Oh, and as I wrapped, I coated the egg with Mod Podge to secure the thread.




Very festive, no?!  And speaking of eggs and of wanting to shrink down to a tiny size to explore little worlds, Mama and Papa Mersy sent us some beautiful sugar eggs!  


When I was a little girl, I used to imagine living inside the sugar eggs with the little animals- what a wonderful little world that would be!

I hope you all also had a very happy and bright Easter!
Lots of love,
~Mersydotes

Comments