Snow Day

It's been snowing since 4 a.m. here, and although we've only gotten about 4 or 5 inches, it has completely transformed the neighborhood.


More snow is destined to come our way on Wednesday morning and on Sunday- yikes!  Yesterday it was in the 50s and we were walking around Central Park in our Spring jackets!




I'm still getting used to snow in the city- it seems like it's missing a certain something.  When I was a little girl, I remember equating snow with silence.  Every time it would snow, the world would become muffled, and I remember my awe when I used to step out into my grandparents' backyard to put out bird seed, and the entire universe would be silent, still, expectant, and the moon would be shimmering and glinting off of the icy blanket of snow.  It made a big impression on me, and I've loved a fresh snowfall ever since for its peacefulness.


It's just not quite the same in the middle of a city, and while the snow is still a welcome and beautiful addition to our neighborhood, it's missing its quality of silence and peace.

Sleep tight,
~Mersydotes

Comments