NYC: Poetry in Motion

I've come to realize that there's a certain rhythm to the city, and that when I take the time to listen to it, things make a lot more sense to me as I observe this strange new world.  I might not embrace the rhythm, but I have discovered it, listened to it, and just knowing that it's there brings an odd sense of stability.

This is most apparent during my metro ride to work.  I work in the evenings, and everyone is bundled up to their eyeballs, frosty puffs of breath fill the air, rap music thuds out of earphones, and the metro drivers seem to be racing each other down the tracks.

In the midst of it all, there are poems posted on the wall of the carriages, and I've been making a little photo collection of the ones that I've enjoyed.
 I probably speak for a whole lot of other people when I say that I'm glad these poems are hereto join into the rhythm of my commute.

Thanks NYC!
~Mersydotes

Comments