Penny's Saturday

Hello my friends!  How was your Saturday?  Mine was very lovely.  It started with going to the park with Mama and Papa.

We walked along the beautiful prairie path until we came to our garden plot.  Mama puts me inside the wire fence and then lets me off my leash so I can roam around and explore our veggies.  Look what I saw:

Isn't that a beautiful gourd?!  It's called a dipping gourd, and we harvested two more that were much bigger than this one.  I think Mama will share pictures of those with you soon. 

After Mama and Papa watered and weeded (it had been quite a while, I can tell you!), we continued our peaceful walk and saw something really amazing!  That evening there were beautiful hummingbird moths flying about the prairie.  They really did seem like birds, and we were able to observe them feeding on the purple aster flowers.  As they hovered, we could even see their long tongues drinking the nectar.  Very beautiful!




After we returned form our walkies, I invited my bestest friend Charlie over for tea and a chat.  Well, Mama and Papa and Charlie's Mama and Papa had tea, and Charlie and I had chewy bones.  After our human peeps were finished with their dessert, there was one cookie treat left, and although Charlie and I are very well-behaved, it was soooooo hard to resist!

We thought that maybe if we just didn't look at it, we wouldn't be tempted to hop on the coffee table and eat it up!

Luckily, Charlie's Daddy ate the last cookie and us puppies were given more chewy bones, so all was well in the end!

All in all it was a great weekend!
~Penny

Comments