Afternoon Crochet

Yesterday morning we woke up to autumn.  After weeks around 95 with breezes around 97, the high yesterday was only 72.  Wow!  What a change!  It was glorious and unexpected, and has made our neighborhood come back to life.  Sometimes the heat is as oppressive as a snowstorm, and the grass becomes too crispy to walk on barefoot.  Even the corn looks tired!  But today, we've got the windows open and cool breezes and fresh air coming in. 

I couldn't resist going out onto the patio to sun myself like a turtle this afternoon, and I brought my crochet with me.

Have you ever met Phil, our philodendron?  He is one plucky plant, and has really beaten the odds this year by surviving an intense replanting operation, as he had become quite root-bound.  But now he's doing just fine!

Here are the newest colors in the Mersydotes yarn arsenal.  I like to think of it as "dusky garden meets cupcake shop":

I"ve been learning how to make hexagons, and these will eventually become a lovely cushion.  Perhaps before the weekend is through?


Better get back to work!
~Mersydotes

Comments