Button Bouquets

Happy Saturday peeps!  Today is such a  wonderfully crisp and cool sunny day here in Mersydotes Land.  We've got the windows open, and little Pen is lounging in the sun rays- a perfect early fall morning!



When I saw the sunshine this morning, I felt like taking some pictures of a tiny project I've been working on recently.  A while ago, I had seen pictures of button flowers and bouquets and was hooked! Here's what's been blooming in our neck of the woods:

They looked so dramatic in the early morning rays!  Shadows in a button forest!  Here are their glamor shots:



A bit later in the day I took some more photos with gentle light- not quite so dramatic, but you can see the colors a bit more clearly:




These were very simple to make- would you like to try?  First, paint some spools white, then wrap the middles with washi tape.  Use jewelry wire to put the buttons together and twist the strands together to make the stems.  At first I wasn't sure how to secure the button flowers inside the spool, but then I realized that I could fill the center with hot glue, then insert the wire stems, and let it set.  Tah-dah!  Super simple!

 I like to think of these being whisked off in the mail to far-away friends...in fact, I have a wonderful friend with a birthday in October- perhaps she needs a birthday bouquet?!!!

~Mersydotes
 

Comments