Sunday, Sunday

Happy Sunday, Mersydotes visitors!  We hope that you are enjoying your day- it's been a very pleasant mixture of work and play here.  Since the work part is pretty boring (laundry, cleaning, stuff for our jobs, etc.) I think I'll just share the cozy side of things here.  That's what I love about this blog!  It is a very selective look at the tiny things in life, but when you narrow you focus to those things, the whole of life seems pretty peachy keen.  Blog magic!

We started off with some blueberry pancakes today, but decided to make them a bit differently than normal.  Usually, we just make regular pancakes with a few blueberries sprinkled on top as they cook.  But that results in blueberry-free bites and bites that are overwhelmed by the sour berries.  So, we tried "blueberry puree" pancakes. 


It worked pretty well, but since I was worried that the pureed berries would mess up the consistency of the batter, I didn't use very many. 
 
Since the batter turned out just fine (and blue!), next time I will add a lot more berries so as to have a stronger flavor.
 
When they cooked up, they were very scrumptious with a delicate blueberry "aroma" rather than overwhelming flavor.  Next Sunday, more berries and pancake perfection!

I've also spent the afternoon blocking a nearly finished crochet project, which I will hopefully be able to share soon.

I've had to shoo the puppies away from it, though, since they seem to think that anything crocheted is extra cozy and therefore meant for them!

So instead, little Spoofy has decided to sleep in the crochet basket where the yarn keeps him snuggly and warm.  It's so cute that I don't mind at all!

Have a great rest of the weekend, and good start to the week tomorrow!
~Mersydotes


Comments