Beautiful Little Berries

This afternoon, Mr. Mersydotes and I borrowed some plant netting from our neighbors to cover our strawberries.  At the moment, we are feeling fiercely protective of our two little berry plants, and are willing to do whatever it takes to defend them from the birds & squirrels!  Would you like to know why?

Because of these beautiful little berries...

Aren't they perfect?  Our strawberry plants are two years old and grow in a container on our patio.  I was such a naïve gardener last year that I didn't realize they would come back after the winter, so to me, these are miracle plants! 

Last year, they only bore a few berries, but this year they have been much more prolific.  Also, one of the plants is producing long stem-arms, and I'm curious to find out if we can somehow re-pot those to grow new plants.

Have a great evening!
~Mersydotes

Comments