Crochet Blanket: All done!

Yipee!!  This is actually a tah-dah post where I get to show off a finished crochet project!  Yipee!

This blanket was quite a learning experience for me.  I learned how important it is to weave in yarn ends as you go (I didn't and certainly regretted it!), to buy enough yarn at the beginning of the project in case it is discontinued in your local shop (as it was in ours!), and how nice an edging looks on finished projects. 

This blanket is made in sea tones from acrylic yarn, and will make a wonderful picnic blanket this summer and fall!  In winter, I can't wait to curl up with it and a hot water bottle and a very long book- toasty warm!  (Here's the technical info: it is 9 rows by 9 rows of five-round granny squares which I joined as I went with an H hook.  The edging is two rows of granny clusters.)

The puppies already love it, and I have taken several cozy naps under it this weekend.  My only regret is that isn't gigantic, so I could completely cocoon myself in granny square goodness!

Take care,
~Mersydotes

Comments