Catching Up

I'm so glad to have a moment to catch up and post about all the things that have been going on this week.  The days are so busy, and the evenings are for being, so I've become a bit of a weekend blogger recently!  Here's a quick overview of all the things I want to chat about today:


 Tonight is our first frost warning, so I made sure to bring in the brave little tomatoes that are hardy enough to still be ripening on the patio.  I'll head out the "estate" this afternoon to see if there's anything that needs picking before the frost comes.  Incidentally, have you ever heard the Pink Martini song "Hang on Little Tomato"?  It's wonderful!

They look dramatic, don't they?  So glamorous and grown-up for mini tomatoes!

Now, are you ready for possibly the cutest thing ever?  Here they are!  The new pair of slippers I crocheted this week! 

 (Looks like I finally figured out what to do with those pom-poms I made!)

I used 100% cotton yarn, so they are both sturdy and warm.  I was lucky because I'd already stitched up these granny squares (they were one of my WIPs destined to be a bag), but when I saw this pattern (click here), I just couldn't resist!

I'm also half way through working on a sweater (pattern here) that is really cleverly constructed.  It's worked in the round, but the round has 6 corners, so when it is folded, it looks like this:

You just make two halves, then stitch them together down the back seam.  I really like the interlocking square pattern.  It's supposed to be a bulky weight yarn, so I'm using two 4-ply strands held together, because I already had this dusky rose wool in my stash. 

I think when it's all finished, I'll trim it with a black edging and some nifty stitch pattern.

It seems as though I've become obsessed with neck-wear recently: scarves and throws and cowls.  Especially cowls.  The cowl bug has bitten me.  Would you like to see the one I'm working on at the moment?  It is a gray and white bulky yarn, and the colors remind me of sea foam:

The stitch pattern is called a Catherine wheel, and the full pattern can be found here.

When it's all finished, it will be foamy and soft, and it will wrap around twice for extra warmth!

I'll be back tomorrow to chat about the garden, fall colors, and some great reading I've been doing recently.  Have a lovely day!

Comments