Tunisian Crochet Washcloths

Over the past year, I've been exploring Tunisian crochet and trying to make it a skill I can call my own.  I like it- it's even more meditative than regular crochet, the rhythm very calming as you work through each stitch on the needle.  Almost like knitting sideways.

This is my first finished project using a Tunisian hook, and I love the squishy fabric it created.  I know it's quite basic, but I'm kind of in love with the aqua colors- just Lily's Sugar and Cream cotton.  And the edging (done with a  regular crochet hook and stitch) really gives the cloths a nice, finished look.

You can find the tutorial here, which is so clear and useful.  I had been having lots of trouble with the return passes, until I looked at the tutorial photos and learned how to make the first stitch of each row.  Maybe I'm ready now for a more challenging Tunisian project- any suggestions?

Happy stitching!
Lots of love,
~Mersydotes
SaveSave

Comments

  1. Ooooh I love Tunesian. The perfect combo of knitting and crocheting. And so fast!
    Check out this other great tutorial here - http://www.petalstopicots.com/2013/11/sampler-washcloth-tunisian-crochet-pattern/ - she shows you a few different versions of the stitch you can do. I made a few things based on this that turned out really nice and useful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Thanks for the link- I love how those washcloths look like checkerboards. I've got to give that a try and expand my Tunisian skills!

      Delete

Post a Comment