Debbie Bliss Sunshine Mandala


This was just one of those patterns that was fun and quick and bright and enjoyable.  No reason for making it, just the joy of stitching.  You can find the pattern, designed by Emma Varnam, on the Debbie Bliss site by clicking here.  Usually, when I find a pattern to try, the original colors never seem quite right, but for this one, I think my favorite part was the sunshine-colored yarn.  

Usually, I use mercerized cotton for mandalas and doilies and coasters, and just about everything, but this time I tried a soft cotton size 2 thread, and it was really lovely to be stitching with something so soft.  To be honest, it doesn't really match our apartment, so I think I will have to find a more suitable home for it.  But maybe I'll make another one in a blue or a pink or a beige.  A whole rainbow of them- it was awfully enjoyable to stitch!

What color would you recommend?  Any other favorite quick and bright projects?

Happy stitching!
Lots of love,
~Mersydotes

Comments