The Fried Rice Miracle

It's nearly bedtime, Penny has been out one final time, and my toes are roasting atop the space heater- but I just had to pop into the blog for a moment and record the miracle that happened today.  Are you ready: I actually made good fried rice here at home.........I know!  Crazy!

I tweaked it so that it would be gluten-free with tamari rather than soy sauce, and added some garlic pepper paste for a bit of a kick.  It has nutty sesame oil, fresh ginger, garlic, rice wine, and basil.  We made ours veggie-ful and added some tofu puffs cooked with gluten-free teriyaki sauce on the side.  Never ever ever did I think that we could make tasty fried rice here at home, but this recipe (click here) proved me wrong.  I got a good vibe (and a massive craving) when I read through it.  Instead of the packaged rice the recipe recommends, I just cooked regular rice with half the water and no lid.

Honestly, we might have this every night for the next decade ; )

Hope you can enjoy this recipe, too- Bon appetit!
~Mersydotes    


Comments