It's Christmastime in the City

I still get magically overwhelmed when I meet Mr. Mersy in Manhattan for the evening and all the lights hover over my head and the streets stretch on forever.  There are so many voices and lives behind all the tiny windows that I feel like I'm floating through the stars.

I feel much warmer towards the city during the winter.  There are little pockets of warmth spread throughout all the boroughs.

We shuffled along the Avenues in the massive crowds, going step, step, step.  We moved about a block every 20 minutes, and saw the light show at Saks about four times before we finally busted free at an intersection.  I almost died.  But aren't the windows fantastic?  Very Gatsby-esque.








And when we got too cold from watching the flags flapping at the Rockefeller Center, we ducked inside to see the snowy decadence.



So many worlds cohabitating a handful of little islands.  And, for the moment, things are merry and bright.
~Mersydotes

Comments