Christmas Travels

Huzzah for road warriors!  Mr. Mersy, Penny, and I took on the eastern seaboard this week to make the trek to North Carolina and celebrate Christmas with family.  We gave our last pennies to the New Jersey turnpike and fought through the snarls of Baltimore traffic to arrive just in time for midnight mass- perfect timing!  On our way back, however, Mr. Mersy devised an alternate route, which was scenic and peaceful and mountainous.  We even made a little stop at the Natural Bridge State Park in Virginia.

I'm going to hand over the keyboard to Penny now, as she has requested to share this tale herself.

Hello my friends- Penny here!  On our way back from Christmas at the wonderful play-outside-in-the-yard place, Mama and Papa took me on a special walk along a river.  For some reason, they were concerned about me going off of my leash, but I wasn't afraid!


We wandered along the river, and it was wonderfully muddy with lots of dry leaves to eat- don't you just love the way they crunch?!

And halfway along the trail my keen sense of smell helped me discover a beautiful great blue heron wading in the river.  He was so quiet and serene.


At the end of our walkies, we arrived at a waterfall.  I climbed up on the stone wall to try and jump in the river, and Mama and Papa made those special ooey-gooey noises they make when I am especially cute.  I wonder why?

It was such a great hike, and I was extra happy to be out of the car.  It's ok when I get to sit on Mama's lap, but sometimes she has to drive and then I have to sit in the back seat.  If you ever go to Virginia with your puppy, I hope that you get to go for walkies here too!

Love to all!
~Penny
  

Comments