Cops & Cupcakes

Life is so endlessly fascinating.  Sometimes, it is inconceivably strange- other times downright perplexing.  And my awareness of this has never been more acute than it was last Saturday evening.  

You see, Saturday evening, Mr. Mersy and I were sitting around our friends' kitchen table, tasting a gorgeous array of the most delightful cupcakes from bakeshops throughout the city.  


There were vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, carrot cake, strawberry, and German chocolate ones to nibble.  Our objective was to help our friends find the most delicious cupcake in all of NYC for their upcoming wedding in October- what a delightful treat!


After our experiment, I can honestly say that every single cupcake was delicious- no matter what they choose, they can't possibly go wrong!  However, if I had to vote for the one cupcake to rule them all, I would have to choose this vanilla dream of a confection from Sprinkles in Manhattan.  Hands down, the BEST CUPCAKE EVER!

So why is life so strange you ask?  Well, quite simply because although I spent my Saturday night in the warmth of friendly fellowship and the luxury of decadent dessert, I actually spent my Friday night at a police station in Brooklyn.  Seriously.  

A mere twelve hours before our beautiful night of cupcakes and wedding plans, I was hanging out with my boss at a precinct that was essentially a war zone from another planet.  Don't worry, all is well, but boy-oh-boy was that an experience.  If you ever have a choice between attending a cupcake tasting and spending the evening with your boss at the 73rd precinct of the NYPD, choose the cupcakes my friend.  Choose the cupcakes.

Have sweet dreams!
Love,
~Mersydotes

Comments