Bibimbop!

Here is one of my new year's resolutions: This is going to be a year of fabulous cooking- 2013 will be a culinary extravaganza! 

And to get started, I decided to go through this month's Bon Appetit issue, and make as many of the delicious recipes as possible.  That magazine has never steered me wrong, and it's surprising how many recipes they publish that fit with our whole gluten-free, vegetarian vibe.

This month's special spread was all about Korean bibimbop, which I happen to really like.  So last night, we gave it a shot, and everything turned out to be absolutely delicious!

Here are the components that we added on top of the rice (clockwise):
  • gochujang (not gluten-free, but an easy substitute was sriracha, ketchup, and a bit of miso)
  • sesame sauteed carrots
  • scallion slaw
  • marinated tofu
  • bulgogi (marinated, grilled beef)
  • sesame sauteed zucchini
  • fried eggs

And here is my bowl, all done up with all the fixin's!

The combination of flavors is fantastic, and it was really easy to make- I think it will become a standard glee recipe here at the Mersydotes home!

Comments