Eastertime

I love Easter- it always feels like the world begins anew and that it's the turning point away form the dreariness of winter not the brightness of spring.  

We celebrated with our friends on Saturday afternoon and made huge batches of candy just for fun!  There were jujubes, hokey pokey, nut brittle, and peanut butter balls.  Surprisingly, it nearly all turned out well : )  We also discovered that everything was much better after sitting over night in the fridge- the peanut butter balls were crisper, the jujubes firmer, and the hokey pokey no longer tried to rip our molars out!  

Throughout the winter I had forgotten what a nice little patch of Long Island our corner of Queens is, but I'm remembering now as the bulbs poke through the otherwise desolate and trash-strewn ground to greet the season.  It can look so sparse in the gray and cold months.  Just exhausted patches of dirt and crumbling concrete.  But now, we're breathing again.

My cousin K flew in for business last week, and we were able to meet up after work in the city for a nice walk around Central Park and the Upper West Side.  It's such a different world in Manhattan- hard to believe we're all living in the same city.  We stopped at the Magnolia Bakery for coffee and a much needed chit chat.  


I don't know if I can find the words to express what it means to me to not only have a wonderful cousin, but also to have a cousin who's one of my dearest friends.  My heart felt peaceful and much lighter as we walked home in the falling dusk.  

              


I hope that wherever you are, you're beginning to breath again as your world starts fresh!
Lots of love,
~Mersydotes

Comments