Snapshots

Here are some moments from the past little while.

Rain drops clinging to the flowers growing up the brick walls of Queens.



An unexpected farmers' market next to a concrete basketball court.






The same little black and white cat I see every day after work.  I think he needs a loving home, but Mr. Mersy says that cats in Brooklyn should stay in Brooklyn.  Hmph.

Infusing wildflower honey with rosemary from our window sill.



Being daring while experimenting with henna on my tootsies for summertime.


Whipping up Thai chicken lettuce wraps (with the best sauce ever!).  Find the recipe here, and enjoy the awesomeness!!! (Just leave out the sugar in the sauce- it's better without it.)


Falling even more in love with Mr. Mersy as he picks me mulberries along Northern Boulevard.  Reminds me of when I was wee and walked to my great aunt and uncle's catfish pond to go swimming.  My feet were stained purple all summer long!



Rescuing sunflowers from the florist in the Metro and watching them perk up once they came home to sunlight and fresh water.


Relishing warm puppiness.

Crocheting dream catchers and picnic blankets.


Stumbling upon the most perfect gingerbread house out in Forest Hills.  When can we move there?

Nibbling gluten-free churros we whipped up in the oven with gluten-free waffles and some cinnamon & sugar.

Enjoying Let's Make Great Art- I can draw a little bird now!  And my Rorshock blot isn't half bad, right?  Do you know, Mr. Mersy gave me the Rorshock test on our second date- yikes!  
I totally lied so he wouldn't think I was nuts! ;  )




Bringing home a treat for Mr. Mersy from Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn.  Wonderfully light almond meringues- can't wait to make these here at home.


Well, I think that just about covers it.  Thanks for coming along through my moments!

Love,
~Mersydotes

   






Comments