Mr. Mersydotes

Today is a big day at work for Mr. Mersydotes- good luck honey!!!!  And he is looking extra handsome wearing his brand new crocheted hand warmers.  The highs have only been in the 20s recently, so it's good to have something extra to tuck into your gloves and protect your arms from that sneaky gap that always appears between the end of your coat sleeve and the top of your glove.

These were made with a chunky wool blend yarn in nice mellow fall colors, with a J hook.  I started with a foundation chain of about 40-45 stitches, and then (after a turning chain of 3), began double crocheting in rows.

What I like best about this is the ribbed pattern that came from only double crocheting in the back stitch of each row.  It gives it a nice bit of texture.

At the end, I folded the rectangle with the right sides together, sewed up the seam leaving six stitches open for the thumb holes, and then turned it right side out.

Tomorrow I'll show you another pair that I made for myself with a different pattern.  The Mersydotes clan will have warm paws this season!

~Mersydotes

Comments