A Wee Granny Square Blanket


Hooray!  What a snuggly, bright, and cheerful little baby blanket!  I wish I was wee enough to be wrapped up in it, but, unfortunately, I am much too big, and that pleasure will have to be for the tiny one it is destined for.

Stitching this blanket was so fun- lots of colorful granny squares to arrange.  Most them I stitched while commuting to work on the train, listening to Around the World in Eighty Days on Librivox audio book, lost in the yarn, stitch by stitch, while all the chaos and noise flew by.

The yarn I used is the new Isaac Mizrahi line from Michael's- a wool blend with a nice texture and lovely bright colors that are just pastel enough to seem festive rather than brash.

I have high hopes for the blanket.  My wish is that the little one wrapped up in it only has the sweetest of dreams and the most peaceful sleep.  I hope that it keeps her warm and cozy and safe and snug.

Lots of love,
~Mersydotes

Comments