Crocheted Fruit!

So, the month of March has completely slipped past here on the Mersydotes blog, but now April is here and so am I, ready for spring and everything that is fresh and sunny.  The days are finally longer, and sunshine has been coming in our living room windows early in the mornings.  Queens is also budding with flowers- instead of snow flakes, white blossoms have been falling off the trees and drifting past on the wind.

And I've been taking a moment just to play with colors and stitches in the afternoons:









It's been fun trying to mimic all the different fruit slices I can think of that can be made out of circles!  The scale of my fruits are wildly incorrect with watermelons as big as oranges and grapes no smaller than limes, but it's been a lot of fun just to work with the nice, cool cotton thread.  The kiwi, though caused much controversy: Mr. Mersy came home and I proudly showed him my newest fruit slice and made the mistake of saying, "Guess what this is!"  Well, I guess I didn't really nail the kiwi's essence because Mr. Mersy's theories were pretty wild : )

Let me know if there are any other fruits made out of circles that I might have missed- mangos?  dragon fruit?  Let me know!

Happy spring, everyone!
Lots of love,
Mersydotes

Comments