Caron Critters: Knitted Cat Scarf

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........
Here's a secret: there's a new cat in our house.  She's black and grey with one light sock and a little tail dipped in paint: 

She's from the Caron Critters kit, and I've decided to name her Maybell.  The kit came with the stuffed bits already knitted and a ball of yarn to knit or to crochet the scarf.  I thought it would be nicer to knit the scarf so it would be longer and match the knit stitches on the kitty parts.  Although it would have been fun to knit the kitty bits by hand, these kits really are perfect for beginners- just a long scarf of knit, purl ribbing.  Very calming, very meditative.

I'm sad to have finished this project- like that feeling when you finish a really good book and have to say goodbye to a friend- but I think Maybell will enjoy hanging around her owner's shoulders, keeping an eye on the world and its comings and goings.

But who will her owner be?  That's another secret that I can't yet disclose here on the blog- you never know who might be reading!

If you have a kitty, give it a scratch behind the ears for me!
Lots of love,
~Mersydotes

Comments

  1. Can you please post the instructions. My mother in law got this for me so I can knit for my son and I lost the instructions "/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I no longer have the instructions either! But I do remember that when I tried the crochet version, it turned out that the scarf was much to short, although it might be alright for a child-sized scarf. When I switched to the knitted version it was much longer. You could do a simple ribbed pattern or a stockinette stitch- either would look great! Have fun!

      Delete
  2. Can you please post the instructions. My mother in law got this for me so I can knit for my son and I lost the instructions "/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment