The Most Very Firstest Ever Baby Blanket!

Do you know that my cousin is expecting a baby?  Yayyyy!  A little baby boy is getting himself ready to be borned very soon, and this month we are having a shower to welcome him!  The theme of the shower is to build the little guy's library, and while I at first thought of getting him a leather-bound copy of Heroditus, I decided instead on Peter Rabbit. ; )  

I've always wanted to crochet little baby bits and bobs, but I've never really had occasion to do so until now- would you like to see my very first ever baby blanket?!  It's suuuuuuuuuper soft and squishy!  


So much fun to make!  Big, chunky acrylic yarn and an N hook made for very speedy progress.  Also, I'm a sucker for the shell stitch pattern- I think it looks fresh and elegant.  And of course there just had to be pompoms!


I hope this keeps you warm and snuggly little baby!
Love,
~Mersydotes

Comments