Puppy Takes to the Skies!

Hello friends!  It's Penny here, your holiday travel correspondent!  

For the first time ever in all my 6 puppy years, I went in an airplane on Sunday- wow!  It was quite a journey!  When we arrived at the airport we had to stand in a long line and then pass through this little doorway that every once in a while went "beep-beep".  A big man in a blue uniform made me trot through all by myself (off my leash!), but it didn't go "beep-beep" for me- I wonder why not?!

Then we walked through a long corridor of colored lights (Mama told me they were colored, because I only see in black and white, of course!).  




At first we tried this rolling sidewalk thingy, but it was a little too scary for me, especially when I had to get off.  How do you know when to get off?  It's very tricky!

Then we waited with lots of other people and two little dogs for the airplane.  I got the impression that this "airplane" is some big bird that we're going to hold onto while we fly away.  It sounded dangerous to me, but I'm a brave puppy!  I have no fears!  Except of moving sidewalks...

Mama told me that I was allowed to bring one carry on item with me into the airplane.  It was an easy choice- my chewy, of course!

While we were waiting, lots of people came to pet me and tell Mama what a well behaved puppy I was- it made me blush!  But then, all of a sudden, I had to go back into the puppy box.  It wasn't so bad.  I just rested and every once in a while Mama scratched my head and gave me ice cubes.  

And then, Papa was suddenly there!  I didn't know that we were going to see him!  I missed him soooo much!  Now, I'm the happiest puppy in the world- my little family is back together!

Thanks Mama!
~Penny

Comments