Yarnscapade: New York

I was just pokin' around the city today without too much to do, so I decided that it was time to make my first New York yarn pilgrimage.  I figured I could at last visit some of the creative places that have so far only existed in the blogosphere!  My first outing was made on the recommendation of a friend: the Lion Brand Yarn Studio.  

The display window was sooo impressive!  A knitted zodiac in bright and festive colors- yarn as art and art in yarn!!!!!  I just happen to be an Ares, and I loooooove the pink ram with pom-pom wool!

Had to love the yarn-bombed main entrance!

And once inside, what a glorious array of colors meets the eye!

Lion Brand has so many different styles and fibers- many more than I ever saw in the big box craft stores.  It was such a treat to wander through the jewel-toned displays and squeeze all the different skeins.  And if you want to check and see how a yarn works up before you invest, they have a sampling wall- what an awesome idea!  You can borrow needles or hooks and make a sample swatch of yarn to see if it will be suitable for the project you have in mind.

I did stock up on some Fettuccini yarn as well as some of the Martha Stewart wool blends (my favorite) for some cozy stitching for the new apartment.  It happened to be Black Friday, so the prices were a very pleasant surprise!

Thanks for coming along on the first artsy yarn pilgrimage!
Happy stitching,
~Mersydotes

Comments