Recent Reads

There have been several books that I've finished up recently that have been fantastic!  I thought I'd share some of them with you in case you're looking for some really good reads.

The first is The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins.  As Britain's first detective story, it is wonderfully suspensful and also filled with complex, hilarious, down-to-earth, believable characters.
The Moonstone (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
On a whim, I picked up a three-dollar copy of Eat, Memory which is a compilation of the best food essays from the New York Times.  Every single essay was great, and I've been thinking a lot about my own food memories.
Eat, Memory: Great Writers at the Table
A little while back, I was on a Sherlockian kick, and read The Seven Percent Solution for the first time.  What a great pastiche/homage to Holmes!  It was an exciting read and surprisingly faithful to the canon.
The Seven-Percent Solution: Being a Reprint from the Reminiscences of John H. Watson, M.D.
As soon as I find another great read, I'll be sure to share it!
~Mersydotes

(book images taken from Barnes & Noble website)

Comments