Tiny Treats

We are just about to head out on our Thanksgiving visit to family, and I've been trying to prepare some treats to take along.  When I was growing up, my grandma showed me how to make these bite-sized treats, and we called them "moose prints".  You need Rolos and pretzels (we use gluten-free ones) and pecan halves. 

When I went to buy the Rolos at the grocery store to make these, I saw that they had this recipe on the back, and I was shocked!  The Rolo people didn't invent this recipe- my grandma and the ladies from her church did!  So this is the original recipe, from my grandma!  (It might be identical to the one on the back of the package, but I guarantee it tastes better!)

First, cover your pan in parchment paper and lay out the pretzels that you will use.  Then, put one Rolo on top of each pretzel. 


Pop the tray into an oven at 350 for 2-3 minutes, until the chocolate is just melty. 

 
Next, press one pecan half into each chocolate and squish it down into the pretzel. 

 
Tah-dah!  Moose prints for everyone!  Thanks Grandma!

Comments