Hubby Hat and Scarf

About a month ago, when the evenings were beginning to cool down and the leaves were starting to turn colors, my husband said to me, "I think it might be time for my scarf."  All summer we had talked about the epic-ly awesome winter scarf that I would crochet him to keep him toasty warm throughout the season.  We had it all planned out- it would be a wool blend so it would be warm but not scratchy; it would be a deep chocolaty brown to match his eyes (that was my idea); it would have a matching hat that would be snug over his ears.  It would be perfect!

The scarf and hat have been done for a couple of weeks, now, but I've had a hard time finding a moment to photograph them.  Mostly because he's been wearing them every day!  Yippee!

Here they are:




The pattern for the scarf is a cobblestone stitch pattern made by alternating between crocheting around the back and front posts of the previous row.  It came from the Chicks With Sticks Guide to Crochet.  I love the look of it, and it was a lot of fun to stitch!

What I love the most about this set is that he will spend the winter warm and protected from the elements by something that I made especially for him!

Comments