A Few Flowers

There are some new flowers around here.  One of them is this beautiful orchid that we are caring for while our neighbors are on vacation.  It is so delicate and bright- and each week, it gets watered with three ice cubes.  Easy!  I need to try to take some more pictures when the light is better so you can see the true colors of the petals.



There's also a big, new, fabulous, bright, cheery crochet flower!

 

I made if from Lucy's great tutorial found here.  I think it will be a great way to cheer up my winter jacket!


I used 100% cotton yarn (my favorite!) because it's nice and sturdy, and always looks  really fresh and clean. 

I was inspired by little Acorn and Butternut Mouse that I made a while back, and I've decided to give amigurumi a try.  It's fun!  I'll post some of the preliminary results of experiment amigurumi soon!

~Bye!

Comments