Meta-Crochet

It's a steel-gray, cold day with a persistent drizzle.  It's the kind of day where the only thing that sounds good for breakfast is hot, milky tea and gluten-free rice krispy treats- which is exactly what I had!  Even though it's not that warm inside, the windows were all fogged up this morning:


The chunky sea-foamy scarf that I was working on just didn't turn out.  It was a lovely pattern, but with this particular yarn, the stitches were too dense and the finished product was just too stiff.  So I undid what I had done and have re-assigned the yarn to a new project.  As we speak, that beautiful white and gray chunky yarn is being turned into one of these awesome baskets (pattern found here).  I still think it looks quite nautical!  If only there were a seaside within a couple of thousand miles! 

And then, I noticed something amazing.  Something that will blow your mind on an early, gray Friday morning... The basket is at a stage where it is containing the yarn that's being used to stitch it.  How meta is that???!!!


Oops!  I startled the basket a bit with the flash there! Here are some better shots:



Step aside chicken and egg, there's a new conundrum in town!  The poetry of it is rather lovely: a basket, whose sole purpose is to hold things, is holding the raw material of its creation.  Welcome to meta-crochet!

Comments