Ceci n'est pas...

In an ode to Magritte, "ceci n'est pas une mangeoire à oiseaux".


Nope!  This is not, in fact, a birdfeeder, but rather an instant quality-of-life upgrade.  I swear that looking at a little bird feeder out the window throughout the seasons is one of the great joys of life!  We've hosted house finches, gold finches, sparrows, fox sparrows, juncos, cardinals, and many a squirrel so far this year.  I'm looking forward to seeing who comes through now that there's a nip in the air.  I'll do my best to keep it filled throughout the winter and put out a water source for the birds as well.  In the most recent "Birds & Blooms", there were also a whole bunch of recipes for homemade suet- I definitely need to try that!  I'll let you know how that turns out.

If you ever need to boost your mood or put the world into perspective, I highly recommend a bird feeder placed somewhere where you can catch it out of the corner of your eye- instant happy!

Comments