My Ombre Obsession

Over the past few pre-summer months, we've taken some lovely day trips that have each had their own striking color pallet.  Take, for example, our outing to the Jersey Shore where the sun and the wind seemed to swirl everything into a medley of blue:




Or our trip to the local iris gardens, right at the peak of their blooms:




And the farmer's market we take a wander through once a week to see what is ripe:



Ooohhhh...and I don't want to forget our quick dash back to Illinois right as the chill was leaving the air, and the sun was making its self known, a little more each day:


All of this has made Mr. Mersy and I feel like we are awash with color.  One of the best things about no longer living in Queens is that seasonal change comes with the fresh air and space to enjoy it.  We were always amazed by the number of spring bulbs the supers planted around the apartment buildings, but the tulips and daffodils were invariably stolen by sneak thieves with no sense of community spirit, and in a few short weeks the rotting trash and steaming pavement sucked what joy there was out of the change of the season.  I know I've said it before, but here we can breathe!  And I think that, unconsciously, I've been celebrating all of these colors in my most recent crochet projects.

I've decided to call this my Asbury Park baby blanket:







And here is my Iris Cushion, all 70 mini granny squares of it:





And this little beauty is a loooonnnnnnggggg term project that, some day, will be truly gorgeous:


So, what colors have been on your mind recently?  I would love to know!
Lots of love,
~Mersydotes 

Comments