Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Crochet Baby Blanket

A few weeks ago, a dear friend of mine celebrated the upcoming arrival of her little baby girl, and for her baby shower, I stitched the "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" Blanket designed by Merilyn Sehn of "The Baby Crow".  

It was probably the most enjoyable project I've ever stitched- the bobble stitches were a lot of fun!  I made the blanket in white acrylic for easy washing.

My only worry is that, for the life of me, I could not get the blanket to block properly.  I felt bad gifting a still wobbly-wobble edged blanket to my friend, but after all my steaming and ironing, I decided that it's only hope might be a good wash.  I hope it evens out for her!

Isn't that absolutely adorable!  It was great fun watching the words slowly take shape- Mr. Mersy kept asking me, "What does the blanket say now?", and I was quite proud when it finally said "Star"!  If you'd like to see more great bobble patterns from Marilyn of "The Baby Crow", you can visit her Etsy page here.

Happy Stitching!
Lots of love,
~Mersydotes

Comments